To be eligible for membership:
- A new agency must be a nonprofit organization in business for at least three (3) years.*
- The agency must have a contract with the County of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services, Mental Health, or Probation.
- If a group home, the agency must have a regular license, not a provisional license.
- The agency must present financial statements by an outside auditor that shows the agency has been audited and that no irregularities have been found. [As established by the agency's most recent audit, which must be no more than 18 months old.]
- The agency must have a site visit by a Member agency and an ACHSA staff person, unless waived by the Membership Committee.
- The agency must be approved by a vote of the Association Membership.
Request an Application for Membership
*The agency must be a nonprofit organization in business for three (3) years, unless this requirement is waived for good cause, by the Membership Committee, and then approved by the Board of Directors. For this waiver to be approved, the organization must have been in business for a minimum of one year, and a site visit must be held (it cannot be waived). In addition, if accepted, the organization's membership would be provisional for the first year.